I've done a lot the last two days. I'm finally getting used to the tram system and I can get around town very easily. Remembering the name of places is difficult though because all of the words sound so unnatural. Yesterday I took the tram into town and got lunch. I had a kebab, which is similar to gyro but it was pork in stead of lamb. After that I had a welcome meeting at the University's main building. It was mostly a waste of time, but I did get a sim card for my phone there. I tried it on the phone that Alex gave me but it isn't working so I think I need to get different phone. After that I went to Nordstan, the largest mall in Gothenburg. It was just a mall so I'm not sure what the big deal is.
Last night was the international dinner. I didn't know what to bring so I made popcorn because there are so few American foods. Most of the food was ok, but it was a lot of junk (cookies and cakes). I had this awesome Swedish cheese called västerbotten, that tasted like manchego.
Today I went to my fist class, Swedish politics, which was located at Sprängkullsgatan 19 room a110. It was kind of boring but I met some cool people. Afterwords I took the tram to Stigbergstorget, and went to a record store but I thought everything was too expensive and I didn't see anything I wanted anyway.
On Fridays in Gothenburg, many restaurants have what is called "after work", where between 4 and 6, for the price of one beer you are entitled to a whole dinner buffet. This is a great deal because food is typically very expensive here. A few of my friends and I ate at a resturaunt called rumpen bar which translates to butt bar. I don't get it. The food was pretty good and I won't have to eat again today.
That's all that I have to say for now but here are some pictures from the international dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment