Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday

Not much has happened over the last two days. I went to class, went food shopping, and went to a bar. Sunday I went food shopping; I bought milk, eggs, salami, cereal, and what I thought was butter. One of the perils of food shopping in a foreign country is that I can't read the labels of anything. In order to pick out milk, I stood in the dairy aisle for 15 minutes to see what the other people in the store were buying and made an educated guess. I have a carton of what tastes like milk so I'm gonna count that as a win. The same can't be said for butter. I picked up a stick in the dairy aisle of what I thought was butter, but when I went to make eggs later in the evening, the contents were an ugly gray and it was one of the most vile things I've ever smelt. I later learned that it was yeast. WHY WOULD THEY PUT THAT NEXT TO THE MILK!?!
Last night I went to a bar called pustervik. It was an ordinary bar except for the ping pong table in the middle where everyone plays at the same time in a circle. There were no winners and it went on for hours. I didn't play because I was talking with some people, but I had a good time.
Thats all for now, more updates later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment